Global Medical Affairs Leader/ Sr. GMAL - Hematology
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the utmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
As a Global Medical Affairs Leader/ Senior Global Medical Affairs Leader - Hematology you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to bring new therapies into clinical practice, making a positive impact on patients' lives.
AstraZeneca's vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm, with the aim of bringing six new cancer medicines to patients between 2013 and 2020. Our broad pipeline of next-generation medicines are being targeted through four key platforms - immunotherapy, the genetic drivers of cancer and resistance, DNA damage repair, and antibody drug conjugates, underpinned by personalized healthcare and biomarker technologies.
Job Description- GMAL acalabrutinib
The GMAL/(Sr. GMAL) acalabrutinib will provide medical leadership for the acalabrutinib GMT (Global Medical Team), lead the medical strategy and execution of key deliverables to support the acalabrutinib launch and lifecycle management globally. This GMAL role will report initially to the VP, Global Medicine Leader acalabrutinib, and may subsequently report to the VP, Head of Clinical Development.
The core accountabilities of this role are to
- Provide a coordinated approach to building Astra Zeneca’s medical leadership in hematology, and deliver medical insight into the development and execution of an acalabrutinib medical affairs strategy
- Represent GMA on the acalabrutinib Global Project Team (GPT) and Global Business Team (GBT)
- Oversee and support the development and execution of an integrated medical plan (evidence generation and scientific communications), including global external experts, diagnostics and patient centric activities
- Lead development and execution of global External Sponsored Research (ESR) and Early Access Program (EAP) strategies, and align with AstraZeneca Global Medical Affairs and Marketing Countries on local implementation
- Partner closely with colleagues within AstraZeneca, in the Marketing Countries, Development, early research, Regulatory, Commercial, Access, Health Outcomes and other key functions, and help build alignment on key initiatives including optimal approach to data generation, communication and supporting access
- Interface with internal and external stakeholders to enhance the scientific and clinical understanding of the brand with other members of the Medical Affairs teams (Acerta and AZ)
- Advanced scientific degree (M.D or PhD). with Hematology experience (required)
- Medical Affairs experience (2+ yr) is required, preferably with country launch experience. At least 4+ years total or pharmaceutical or relevant medical/clinical experience minimum
- Understanding of drug development and commercialization processes including understanding of outcomes research /payor access issues.
- Proven ability to generate, analyze and interpret clinical trial and published data.
- Track record of successfully developing and executing Medical Plans both in terms of evidence generation, scientific communications and external expert engagements.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and products simultaneously to ensure timely, on-target and within budget accomplishment of tasks.
- The candidate is expected to have strong project management skills and ability to work effectively with cross functional teams including development, marketing, and health outcomes.
- Good communication and presentation skills in English
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.